Thursday, July 5, 2007

What an experience!

Jambo Everyone!

I wrote when i arrived, and tomorrow the Peace House trip comes to an end. What an experience it has been. I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to learn about Tanzania in such a rich and unique way. From visiting the Peace House school site, to visiting prospective students, to seeing an orphanage, sitting in on a first grade class, working and developing relationships with so many wonderful Tanzanian teachers, learning about the Maasai culture by spending 2 days and 1 night in a village to seeing so many beautiful animals while on safari the last three days.

We are all feeling exhausted, but blessed to have had all of the opportunities that we had over these past 2 weeks.

Also, i feel so lucky to have been on this trip with 13 wonderful people. Each and everyone has touched my life, has made me laugh and has added something special to my experience.

i can't wait to share details about all i have done and seen when i return in 11 days. Tomorrow i'm off to Kenya to meet Howie!

Nakupenda (I love you)

Julie

1 comment:

twarren said...

I have been reading your comments everyday. It sounds like you have had an amazing experience. I am sad I did not get to experience such a great bunch of people. I am proud of you tripletts! The Tanzianians really imprint your heart. I can't wait to see all the pictures. Welcome home!Your loved ones missed you!

Tonya