Sunday, June 24, 2007

hello from Julie!

Hey there!

well I'm here in Arusha and so far things have been absolutely amazing! Getting to Africa (although long), was really easy. I had a great nights sleep, a few really delicious meals and today we got to see the Peace House Foundation school site. It is much bigger than I had imagined and really special. Tomorrow I will be going with a group into a village where two of the teachers and one of the Peace House people will be interviewing a potential student. Just driving around and seeing the people on the sides of the road, goats, cows, chickens, the housing, etc. is so interesting. Tonight at dinner we met a few of the teachers from Peace House as well as the head mistress.

I will keep you all posted through this site as often as I can. I can't seem to get the satellite phone to work. i love you and miss you all!

XOXO Julie

6 comments:

Alan said...

HI Julie,
Its wonderful to know that you arrived in Africa safely, and that thus far things are teriffic.
Its really great to be able to track your daily activities,and try to experience your trip through your eyes.
Continue enjoying....we love you, and will check your blog daily.
we heart you
Dad and Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jules,

I'm so glad you are there safe and are having a wonderful time! I love you and I can't wait to see you in Nairobi!

Love,
Howie

jen said...

Hi-
I'm so glad to hear that it's so awesome. Scott was right I do have more time in my days since I can't talk to you - I'll have to fill that time with blogging. Mom said that she would call the cell company tomorrow. Is there anything specific she can tell them? It might help in trying to figure out what's wrong. We miss you and can't wait to hear more and more.
Keep having fun and take tons of pictures.
Jen

jen said...

Hi Jazzy,
Spoke to you earlier today and you sounded terrific. This is such an incredible experience and very eye opening. I sent you an e-mail re: the phone, but just in case you didn't receive it, here is the info. Take off the leather cover, disconnect the antenna, reattach the antenna. Try to use the phone with the antenna at 45% angle. If it is still not working, call Cell Hire technical support. They are open 24/7 at 1214-355-5200.XXOO MOM

Unknown said...

Hi Julie.

Just wanted to check in and tell you again how proud I am of you. Enjoy it all. I take it they don't have Josie's there. Can't wait to go when you get back!

xoxo,
Alison

amyK said...

Hi julie,
Tell us about all the sounds, the colors, the stories, the smells! Bring us to Africa! It's so wonderful to read the blog. Hope you are happy and enjoying!
love,
amy